We're looking for a full stack software engineer to join our core team.
We have hard problems to solve:
We're already analyzing data for well over 100,000,000 end customers, and this number is growing fast. We're pulling data from numerous sources, computing sophisticated statistics on the fly, and building a marketing experimentation platform that's usable by the entire marketing team.
Plenty of responsibility:
We're a small team, and everyone owns whatever they are most passionate about. You'll have the opportunity to own large parts of the business and the software.
Pick your projects:
We have a huge list of things to build, and decide what to tackle next as a group. If you're excited about something, you'll have the opportunity to build it.
Day to Day:
Here’s a taste of some example projects from the engineering team that took place over a real month at Custora:
- Rolled a new form of customer segmentation, called "persona segmentation," to production. Worked with the data science team to integrate the new segmentation model (Dirichlet Latent Class Multinomial). This project involved pulling in new data structures to power the segmentation, processing and storing this new data in a scalable way, and building the interface to enable our customers to learn from these new segments and to use this new segmentation within all of our marketing tools.
- Improved the e-mail marketing side of the product: Made it easier for our customers to launch multiple e-mail tests in parallel, and added four new email providers to our growing list of integrated partners.
- Completely redesigned the interface for viewing results of marketing A/B experiments, enabling our customers to view a high-level recap of results and to drill down into the nitty gritty statistical details when needed.
- Our web stack is Ruby on Rails
- We use R for the heavy statistics lifting
- Our data is housed in MySQL and a custom built data store
- Degree in Computer Science, or a deep competency in Computer Science achieved via other means.
- Experience with SQL
- Experience shipping production web applications in Ruby on Rails or similar framework.
- Experience working in a startup or other fast paced environment.
- You care deeply about writing high quality, maintainable code.
- Experience in R/Matlab or other statistical programming environment a major plus
- Experience with e-commerce a major plus.
- Excellent problem solving skills
Custora is a SaaS platform designed to help online retailers better understand and market to their customers. We’re on a mission to remove the “mass” from marketing with software tools that focus on customers as individuals with unique needs and interests. Our software employs the state-of-the-art in customer analytics methodologies and integrates directly with email providers to help marketers deliver more relevant, meaningful communications. We’re excited to work with some of the leading domestic e-commerce innovators including
and many more retailers spread through the the world. Our offices are located in the Flatiron district of Manhattan. We work hard, work together, and care deeply about building a business and a culture that will have a positive impact on the world.
- Competitive Salary
- Generous equity
- Health and Dental 100% covered
- All lunches paid for by the company
- Flexible Vacation Policy - Take as much time as you need for vacation and sick days