Inspired by e-commerce industry observations and trends from Custora’s e-commerce customers, here’s our mini-list of marketing resolutions to help make 2014 your best year yet.
1) Embrace Customer-Centric Marketing
Many aspire to it, few truly embody it. Re-structuring your marketing strategy to be built upon the foundation of long-term customer value is no small feat, but it’s (as we see it) the future of e-commerce.
- Do we know the lifetime value of our customers? (Bonobos does)
- Who are our best customers, and how much are they a factor?
- Which channels attract our most valuable customers?
- Does our marketing budget align with our best acquisition channels?
- Does our email marketing acknowledge customer lifecycle stages?
- Are we using segmentation to create more personalized messages?
2) Omnichannel, Schmomnichannel. We Got This
Some will say 2013 was the year omni-channel graduated from buzzword to an actual thing that every retail marketer has on their radar.
- Does our 2014 plan include all of our relevant marketing channels?
- Do we have a unified view of how customers differ across channels/devices?
- Can we easily compare offline and online customer behavior?
3) Master Mobile
With nearly a third of all holiday purchases occurring on a mobile device, mobile e-commerce is showing no signs of slowing down.
- Do we have a mobile app strategy across phones and tablets?
- Is our website optimized for mobile?
- Are we sending mobile-friendly emails?
- Oh, and bitcoins? Maybe not.
Enter your email address below to download this list as a handy pdf checklist.
About Custora and How We Can Help
Custora is a customer-centric marketing platform that helps e-commerce retail marketing teams acquire, retain, and segment their customers. Retailers are using Custora this holiday season to improve their customer acquisition and retention efforts by finding out which marketing channels bring in valuable customers, making changes to acquisition budget and programs, optimizing promotion performance and segmenting their customer base to provide a personalized holiday shopping experience across all channels.
Custora works with leading e-commerce innovators and established retailers such as LivingSocial, Etsy, Fab, and Bonobos. If you’re interested in learning more about Custora, you can request a demo here.